Terms & Conditions
We've tried to make our terms & conditions as clear and easy to read as possible, so don't expect loads of legal mumbo-jumbo!
14ty.me may NOT be used for creating shortened URLs that: -
- Are used in commercial email
- Are used for unsolicited advertising (spam) including email, forum posts, SMS messages and spam posts/messaging on social networks such as Facebook or Twitter
- Link to malicious content (phishing, viruses, trojans, adware, any other malware)
- Link to any form of child pornography
- Link to other URL shortening or redirection sites or scripts (these "chains" of links are often used to hide malicious usage)
- Link to material that infringes copyright
- Link to material we consider unethical including but not limited to "get rich quick" schemes, pyramid schemes, paid "self help" schemes, dubious competitions, sites requiring users to fill out paid surveys and sites with a model that encourges users to spam others (e.g. "Sign up 10 members to get $$$")
URL rejection and removal:
We can reject URLs when they are submitted or later remove, disable or redirect shortened URLs for any reason. Our intention is only to do this where they violate our terms or the spirit of fair usage, or we have reason to suspect they do (e.g. if they appear on a blacklist we consult). We're only human and mistakes are occasionally made - we can reinstate disabled shortened URLs if we think it's appropriate to do so.
We need to keep 14ty.me fast and responsive for everyone so we limit the amount it can be used to levels we consider reasonable. Free Users may not open more than 3 concurrent connections to 14ty.me at any time. For automated scripts or programs using our API a specific code is returned for excessive use (see our Developr's API page) and your application should wait before retrying your request. If it doesn't do this and continues to bombared our resources you may get blocked.
Our shortened URLs:
Users who create 14ty.me shortened URLs cannot later delete them or modify their destinations (this helps to prevent abuse). Our shortened URLs could redirect anywhere, you follow them at your own risk and 14ty.me is not responsible or liable for content you visit.
Warranty and liability:
The short version: 14ty.me has a Free & Paid version. We'll do our best to maintain it but we might have problems or things might break. If they do, we don't owe you anything.
The long version: we provide 14ty.me as a free/premium service - as such it carries no warranty of any kind. 14ty.me and its staff and owners are not liable for any loss or problem you might suffer due to using the service. This includes losses in the event that the service stops operating, is unavailable or slow, suffers data loss, or any other issue with the site ot hosting which might be considered detrimental to you.
Violation of our terms:
If you violate our terms, depending on the severity of the abuse, we may disable shortened URLs you have created or block you from using 14ty.me (and our other URL shorteners) temporarily or permanently.
Thank you for reading our Terms & Conditions and we hope you can follow them without any problems! If you have any questions about this page please visit our Contact page to shoot us an eMail.